Submit PAD File
We only accept software submissions via PAD files.
Our site supports submissions with
Processing New Software Submissions
Please note that new submissions are not added to the site immediately but are only added after a review by our staff. A submission will only be accepted when accompanied by a valid link from the site on which your submitted program is present.
You can use the link examples and graphics on this page to link to us from your web site,
specifying the link back page in the submission form below.
Software Submission Terms
- You must be the software author or the person who has been given the right to submit it.
- Submitted PAD files must be error-free and comply with the official PAD specification. Prior to submitting your PAD file, we encourage you to validate it against the specification from within you PAD creation software or at online PAD validation page and also check all provided URLs to ensure you have specified them correctly. Please take a time to read about the required fields, common mistakes, and useful tips at About PAD page.
- Both PAD file and program file must be ALWAYS accessible from your server.
- The download URL should immediately initiate the file download, NOT just take to HTML page, information capture form etc.
- We accept only free products or functional trial versions allowing users to experience the software adequately, NOT just documentation, slide shows, flash tutorials etc.
- The software interface and its documentation must be IN ENGLISH.
- The software must be free of viruses, trojan horses, bundled adware/spyware and other potentially harmful components.
- The software must provide users with a clear and simple method for its removal.
- Publishers must provide a valuable customer service and assist users with any software related issues. We may remove your listing if we receive a significant volume of negative user feedback or complaints, or if we feel users are not being provided with an adequate level of customer service and support.
- We reserve the right to reject any new submission or remove any software listing from our database for reasons at our own discretion.
If you have any questions regarding your software submission and listing issues, please contact us via the contact form. We will try to reply as soon as possible.
Shareware Author Resources
- Read about PAD
- Learn about PAD XML format, download free PAD generator software, get acquainted about required and optional fields, avoid common mistakes, validate your PAD file online against the current PAD specification.
- Access pending submissions list
- Track the position of your submitted PAD URL in pending submissions queue (plain text mode).
- Apply for SoftwareLode Award
- If you have a software product listed on SoftwareLode and want it to be rated by our review staff, feel free to apply for SoftwareLode Award. We will rate your software and display the award image both on its description page and on category/search pages.
- Get award graphics
- If your software has been accepted onto the site, please feel free to save the appropriate award logo and to link it from your web site to your software description page on SoftwareLode.
- Promote your software
- Learn more about the software promotion types we do currently provide at SoftwareLode. Please note that all the suggested methods are free of charge.
- Request listing removal
- To remove your listing from our database, please email your request via the contact form and specify the reason of removal, PAD URL and program ID on SoftwareLode.
- Access the Black List for banned domains
- This is the black list (plain text mode) containing the domain name parts (without 'http://' prefix and subdomains) from PAD files we have banned due to violations of our submission terms (third party affiliates, duplicates, adware, affiliate cheating, spam, rogue & scam etc.). If you own a download site and want to clean it up from unwanted listings, feel free to export this list for further usage and do not forget to pick it up for updates periodically.